Although the name suggests a harsh procedure, a chemical peel can be a gentle way to rejuvenate and resurface your skin. Typically performed on the face, neck, chest, or hands, chemical peels are used for a variety of reasons, such as evening out pigmentation, lessening deep or surface wrinkles, treating acne, lessening the appearance of large pores, and improving skin texture.
- ZO 3 Step Peel – Corrects fines lines, uneven pigmentation, large pores, scars and sun damage
- VI Peel – Age spots, stubborn discoloration, smooths away rough skin texture
- SkinMedica Illuminize Peel – Treats superficial lines and pigment irregularities: brightens and tightens
- SkinMedica Vitalize Peel – Treats mild to medium imperfections: Fine lines, wrinkles, melasma, pigment issues
- SkinMedica Rejuvenize Peel – Treats moderate to severe imperfections: wrinkles, sun damage, acne scarring, melasma and hyperpigmentation
At Tarola Plastic Surgery, we utilize VI Peel® to achieve the best results for your aesthetic needs. The VI Peel® contains a synergistic blend of powerful ingredients that are suitable for all skin types. This peel provides dramatic results with virtually no pain, skin preparation, and little downtime.
In this procedure, the VI Peel® solution is applied to the skin to cause the dead, damaged surface layers of the skin to slough off. The depth of the peel will be tailored to achieve the best results for your specific skincare needs.
Down time varies from no recovery time to several days depending on the type and depth of the peel. It is important to avoid exposure to the sun and use sunscreen daily following a chemical peel since the new skin is fragile and more susceptible to complications such as hyperpigmentation and scarring. Other potential complications include a reactivation of cold sores and allergic reaction to the ingredients in the peel.